Though already a trend we can currently observe, the pharmaceutical sector will see rewards in decisions being made more accurately and more effectively thanks to improvements in scalable cloud based information processing, applications and data storage. This new compute model is providing novel analytical capabilities, which utilize and harvest information presented as structured as well as unstructured data. Industry refers to such previously generally unavailable data as “Dark Data.”
Data discovery is one of the hottest segments of the technology and data tools industry. Despite this excitement, most data professionals don’t yet enjoy the full potential benefits. Among executives and practitioners, common complaints are that today’s standard data discovery tools are time-consuming to set up, limited in their applications or harder to use than expected.
Listen to the archived Hot Technologies webcast with NeutrinoBI, Robin Bloor and Jaime Fitzgerald.
See on insideanalysis.com
Over the past several years, Big Data has gone from being a somewhat obscure concept to a genuine business buzzword.
1. The task of streaming and analyzing batch, near-real-time and real-time data in a comprehensible form is beyond the capabilities of most in-house IT departments, and will require outside expertise.
2. Its earliest stages began more than a decade ago with the increasing focus on unstructured data, and since then companies have been steadily experimenting with and building capabilities and best practices.
3. Big Business doesn’t yet ‘get’ Big Data. You’d think big enterprises would have captured a 360-degree view of their customers by now.
4. Housing your own data is too cost-prohibitive.
5. Although Hadoop gets 80% of the Big Data attention, it’s only 20% of the solution.
See on blog.infochimps.com
See on www.toolsjournal.com
World-famous technology company Infosys‘s new product, the BigDataEdge, launched today, promises to shave off as much as 40 percent of the time normally needed to extract information, and will be eight times faster in generating insights into an enterprise’s data. It has a Logical Data Warehouse providing a virtual data management architecture, eliminates the need for physical availability of data to build and test insights while minimising the need for technical intervention.
The new solution combines real-time correlation for continuous insight, custom analytics across massive structured data (such as security device alerts, operating system logs, DNS transactions and network flows) and unstructured data (such as emails, social media content, full packet information and business transactions), and forensic capabilities for evidence gathering. The combination helps organizations address the most vexing security challenges, including advanced persistent threats, fraud and insider threats.
See on www.toolsjournal.com